Aquaponics in Paradise is happy to present a new small scale aquaponic system.
This "Keiki Kit" system is a great way to get into aquaponics!!
This 'constant flow' aquaponic kit comes with:
- A 50 gallon high quality polyeurethane fish tank
- Two 26 gallon growbeds
- 200 gallon per hour pond pump, plumbing, fittings, and drains..
Just add a stand, cinder, and plants and your system is ready to go!
Delivery and installation not included - email for info. price is firm.
System footprint is 6 feet by 3 feet.
kit with stand and cinder add additional $80
Video of system: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi3Z-sstZIk
If you want to cut your grocery bill down or maybe you are concerned about being able to grow your own food? Learn how to be self-sufficient with Aquaponics!
- No watering the garden! (It waters itself)
- Less bugs and pests! (Raised bed gardening)
- Use less water! (NO throwing away water into the dirt!)
- No fertilizer needed! Plants grow 6x faster then dirt plants just from the fish waste alone!
- Energy efficient pump uses $7 electricity per month!
Aquaponics systems utilizes a closed-loop system, so it uses the same water over and over again - it uses 1/10 the amount of water then a conventional garden! You never have to 'water' the plants, all you do is feed the fish and harvest your vegetables! A water pump pumps water up the plants for you. Most of us grow sunfish to eat, but you could grow goldfish or koi! The fish effluent gets pumped up to the 'growbed' which converts the ammonia into nitrites, then nitrates, which feeds the plants, making them grow super fast! The 'cleaned' water returns to the fish tank and the cycle repeats! Just feed the fish and harvest your plants.
A short list of plants that do well in aquaponics: